New Outreach Endeavor 2020: "R.E.A.C.H."
Beginning in the Fall of 2020, Restoration Ministries will begin to "roll out" our new outreach endeavor, "R.E.A.C.H." The acronym stands for Restoration, Education, Advocacy, Collaboration and Hope."
While the actual implementation of REACH will happen over several years, it is our hope to begin to put various aspects of the vision into place starting this fall.
The mission of R.E.A.C.H. is to:
- Reach and restore youth and families within the Greater Cleveland area through educational enrichment programs and activities with a view towards helping youth to strategically plan for their future.
- Advocate for healthier living options for the youth and families (better nutrition through access to neighborhood, full-service grocery stores; affordable, comprehensive healthcare; good schools, fair and safe housing),
- Form strategic collaborations with like-minded organizations,
- Offer hope for a bright, upwardly mobile future through all of the above
Through R.E.A.C.H., healthier living options will become a reality in our community
R.E.A.C.H. will partner with like-minded organizations to specifically and strategically address targeted needs in the community through education, advocacy and collaborations with other community partners. R.E.A.C.H. will seek funding and in-kind services to offer the following educational and enrichment programming within the Greater Cleveland area:
- “Eating on the Skinny,” a quarterly, healthy nutrition based cooking class, offered in collaboration with local health institutions and dieticians (in-kind services) designed to teach individuals and families how to identify, purchase and prepare healthy meals on a “skinny” budget (collaboration with local grocery stores or food bank to supply food for the cooking classes)
- “Let’s Move” exercise classes offered weekly, in collaboration with local fitness instructors or health care workers (volunteers) in local community centers or churches, designed to teach basic, healthy, fun exercises for all ages
- “Can We Talk?” Open and honest dialogue sessions with local teens about the pressures of being a teen (premarital sex, drugs, alcohol, dating, etc.). Offered in collaboration with health care professionals, clergy and parents.
- “Health Talk” Series, offered quarterly on various topics related to physical, psychological, social and economical health, free and open to the public. Offered in collaboration with local professionals (in-kind services)
- “Career Connections,” A program designed to work with local schools to expose students to various career/vocational options as well as creating clear paths towards internship opportunities within businesses and various other entities throughout the community, with a view towards resume building and employment opportunities after successful completion. Additionally, mentoring and tutorial services, in collaboration with our community connections will be implemented.
Restoration Ministries continues the collaborative groundwork developed through Covenant Baptist Church. Below are several of our ministry endeavors:
"Healthy Temples: Supporting Healthy Minds, Bodies and Spirits:" A special series of workshops and events designed to educate community members on healthy eating and living practices as well as to offer bags of fresh produce to class participants. Collaborative partners in the past have included the Cleveland Clinic, Simon's Grocery Store, Ohio SNAP-Ed and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health.
Project Hope for the Homeless: Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets provided
Cuyahoga County Jail and Lake County (Painesville) Women's Prison: Ongoing support through bible studies, monetary gifts to support inmates special needs (hygiene, glasses, bibles)
National and International Missions Support: Restoration Ministries joins with our denominational partners to offer monetary support to address community, national and international during disasters and other times of critical need.
"Faith in the City:" A collaboration between clergy and churches to address community needs in the Euclid, Ohio area